On 13 May 1941, when the Germans occupied Kamnik, they took over Titan, too. The first casualties of the German occupation were two Titan workers – Dominik Mlakar, a moulder in the foundry, and the locksmith Anton Miklavčič.
In 1943, Titan was sold again – this time to the Austrian company »Kärntner Maschinenfabrik« in Villach – and manufacture was converted to war production. The new name of the firm was Titan AG. They produced metal parts for gas masks, some parts for machine guns, horseshoes for oxen, and towards the end of the occupation, they even cast mine housings for mortars. The company was protected by a barbed wire fence and bunkers. There was a continuously manned police station within the company area protecting the facilities from partisan diversion.
In the liberation war, 27 workers of Titan gave their lives. At that time, it meant 10% of all employees. Many workers were active in the field supporting the NOB – the liberation war.
When the war was coming to an end, overflights of allied planes and air alarms caused many interruptions in production. The workers waited for the end of the alarm in the nearby woods, later air-raid shelter inside the company was built.
Productivity was low, as the Germans did not invest much in the plant. The tool makers received two electrical drawbars and a drilling machine. A machine for testing hardness is from that time, too. In the foundry, the methods of work and technology did not change. Linings were rammed only manually on turn table machines. The Germans were not keen on modernising the factory, they only tried to get the most out of it.
And then 9 May came – liberty day. The factory employed only 256 workers. The first wages after the war were financed by selling gas mask housings and horseshoes for oxen – the remains of war production.
After the liberation in May 1945, the factory was nationalised, first under PR of Slovenia, and later the FPR of Yugoslavia. However, the first director in the socialist state was an expert – engineer Leopold Andree, assistant of mechanical engineering at the Technical faculty, and later a professor at the Faculty of mechanical engineering. After the war, production of fittings, locks and household appliances resumed. The factory was nationalised during the first nationalisation.